AquaLung Legend vs. Titan LX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisA

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone used both the AquaLung Legend and Titan LX?

As far as I can tell, the Titan series uses a balanced diaphram
1st stage while the legend series uses an overbalanced diaphram
1st stange. Does overbalancing help enough to warent the price
difference between the Titan LX and the Legend? Or are there
other differences?

There is an even more expenive "Legend LX" that has a driver
adjustable "cracking effort" feature and a much less expensive
"titan" (no LX) that is an unballanced 2nd stage. I want to compare
only the two balanced, non-adjustabe 2nds so as to get an
"apples to apples" comparison.

The current $75/$100 off promotion makes these competitive, plus
I want something fairly robust for diving off sandy beaches.

If your not diving cold waters then go with the LX. Its a great rig. Have 4 of them and never an issue. Breath as well at 130+ as they do at 30ft.

The current $75/$100 off promotion makes these competitive...

I'm also looking to buy an aqualung reg. Could you help a brother out and let me know more about this promotion?

Thank you,

Morty

I haven't tried the Aqualung Legend, but I dive the Titan LX and have never had a prob. Like Mike says, it breathes easy at any rec depth.

Mortlock:
I'm also looking to buy an aqualung reg. Could you help a brother out and let me know more about this promotion?

Thank you,

Morty

I'm in So. California. The places that sell aqualung have on thier display counter a stack of coupons for an "instant rebate" of $100 off a Legend or $75 off a Titan LX. The price is to be taken off at the time of sale. The store gets the money back from Aqualung. Locally both DND and Sports Challet (likely others too) have the coupons displayed but I think you can get them from AL web site too. I think it is a USA-only promotion, not sure. Think this puts the Titan LX down in the $270 range. Very close to the best "Internet price".

ChrisA:
Has anyone used both the AquaLung Legend and Titan LX?

As far as I can tell, the Titan series uses a balanced diaphram
1st stage while the legend series uses an overbalanced diaphram
1st stange. Does overbalancing help enough to warent the price
difference between the Titan LX and the Legend? Or are there
other differences?

There is an even more expenive "Legend LX" that has a driver
adjustable "cracking effort" feature and a much less expensive
"titan" (no LX) that is an unballanced 2nd stage. I want to compare
only the two balanced, non-adjustabe 2nds so as to get an
"apples to apples" comparison.

The current $75/$100 off promotion makes these competitive, plus
I want something fairly robust for diving off sandy beaches.

I own a Legend LX, a Legend and a Titan LX, they're all great regs and I suspect you'd be happy with any of them, but they don't breath the same. The Legend series of regs, in my opinion, breath better than the Titan, I especially notice the difference once you get deeper than 70 or 80 feet. Don't get me wrong, my daughter dives the Titan LX and loves it, but when we were in Roatan over spring break this year I used her reg on a dive to around 100 feet and I definitely felt a difference. Thats not to say I had any problems with it, but it just doesn't breath as well as the Legend. With the current promotion that Aqualung has going on right now, if I was in the market for another reg I'd definitely buy the Legend over the Titan LX, as a matter of fact, since I personally really like an adjustable 2nd stage, I'd buy the Legend LX.

Good luck in your decision.

I'm in So. California. The places that sell aqualung have on thier display counter a stack of coupons for an "instant rebate" of $100 off a Legend or $75 off a Titan LX. The price is to be taken off at the time of sale. The store gets the money back from Aqualung. Locally both DND and Sports Challet (likely others too) have the coupons displayed but I think you can get them from AL web site too. I think it is a USA-only promotion, not sure. Think this puts the Titan LX down in the $270 range. Very close to the best "Internet price".

I'm in Japan so it's probably not going to be available to me. I'll be going back to the internet shopping now...

Thanks very much anyway though. I appreciate it.

Morty

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom