Question Aqualung Legend Elite vs Apeks MTX-RC

Aqualung Legend Elite 3 or Apeks MTX-RC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am upgrading my regulator kit. I'm torn between the Aqualung Legend Elite and the Apeks MTX-RC. I only do warm water dives. I'm an advance open water diver and currently no plans to go technical or do sidemount.

I'd appreciate your votes :)

Thanks

Legend Elite without a doubt.
The MTX-RC, despite Apeks reputation, has far less case strength. The thin alignment guides in the MTX-RC are prone to deformation when you change the hose, leaving your lever out of alignment unseen. The Venturi vane is a two part affair, with two thin parts and two orings, necessary so you can switch to a left-sided hose arrangement preferred by some SM divers.
The Aqualung Elite has a more robust case and reliable assembly. My praise does NOT extend to their MBS model, however.

I love my MTX-RC. I've had it for about 2 years now and no problems/complaints with at all. If you're upgrading, you could save money by not getting the octo (it's the exact same 2nd stage as the primary).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom