Aqualung i550 alarm, no display?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wnissen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Got back from a couple dives today and my i550 computer (quick disconnect) is beeping and flashing a red light with no display. I had rinsed my reg set and hose-attached computer while under pressure, then hung everything from the first stage to drip dry. When I picked up the reg set to put it away, the computer started beeping and flashing the light, but there's nothing on the display (it's a relatively new battery so I don't think that's it, plus the low battery has an icon on the display). I opened the battery compartment, dry in there, took out the battery. But when I put it back in the beeping starts up again.

And now it's stopped even alarming when I put the battery in. I did forget to rinse it one time, but every other time I've soaked it while pressurized and dried it out. The air inlet looks clean, no salt visible. Aqualung only has a 2 year warranty on computers (to be fair, so does Shearwater and Suunto) but I may well have a $600 paperweight after fewer than 75 dives.

To pile on, the lever on my Dive Rite goodman handle for my flashlight popped off at some point, too. I think I can secure it temporarily with a ziptie, but I don't need this when my first ever weeklong dive trip is coming up. Grrr...

OK, tried putting the battery back in, no alarm this time, and something on the display. I think it's just garbage, though. Backwards 'C', maybe an 'A', empty battery indicator (not the case, I tried a fresh one as well), and the word "MAX". The shop is open today so hopefully I can get a replacement soon.

IMG_2893.jpg

Heard back from Aqualung after a couple months. Computer is dead, no info on why. They offered a factory-refurbished replacement for $150, which is pretty cheap but I don't want this computer back at any price. It crapped out on my other buddy after mine died. Seems like they have a very short average lifetime, 4 years or less. Since obviously I can't be without a computer for months, I bought 2 Perdixes with AI instead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom