Aqualung Dimension I3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A solution? You can keep the I3 mechanism and remove the oral inflate tube at the upper shoulder position and add a standard inflator. You can then hook up whichever inflation method you want and have a spare option built in OR add another LPI hose and have a redundant system on board.

I know this is an old thread but maybe one of you i3 lovers will answer. I love my i3 dimension but how do you guys deal with spg or computer for safety stops etc. Ascents. I use a console computer. The cobra 3. How do you hold and work the i3. Should i get a longer hp hose or do you find it better to get a wrist computer and wear it on the right wrist?

I love my i3 as well (Axiom). Using wrist computer on right wrist. Should be the same with i3 and/or the traditional inflator.
Imagine you need to cary someone up. Right hand holding your body's BCD, and you can also see your computer, while the left hand control your accent, i3 or traditional inflator, makes no difference...

Cross the Cobra in front of you and clip it off to your right d-ring on a retractor. Pull it out with your right hand as you use your left hand to operate your i3.

When I was diving with jacket and console all those yrs ago. I found it very useful if the console was placed just on the chest strap. And if I want to read the gauges all I had to do was to look straight down from my chin.

Thanks y'all. All good solutions. I really like how streamlined a console is in the built in tube/pouch on the dimension, but it just doesn't work for using the compass feature or watching a timer, etc.. I'll put it in the pouch when i set my tank and then pop it out onto a retractor when I suit up.. Happy Diving!

If you are a warmer water diver I think they are really great. I have about 75 dives on mine. As others have said the inflator can be bumped on accident, I've only ever had this done on a dive boat where it didn't really matter. The pockets are great and it is really comfortable even with a tank on. If you are diving cold water you might get past the storable weight allowed on the BCD, I just used a weight belt in that case. I can see if you are transiting from rec to tec where it wouldn't be ideal but for a standard rec diver they are fine BCDs.\

Also the tank strap design is really convenient and easy to use.

I have a Dimension without I3. Apparently they came out sometime after this thread started. Love it especially the harness. Much better for walking on land than any other BCD I have tried. Supports most of the weight on the hips. Also no cummerbund which I dislike.

responded to a 2 year old thread. Deleted

If you are a warmer water diver I think they are really great. I have about 75 dives on mine. As others have said the inflator can be bumped on accident, I've only ever had this done on a dive boat where it didn't really matter. The pockets are great and it is really comfortable even with a tank on. If you are diving cold water you might get past the storable weight allowed on the BCD, I just used a weight belt in that case. I can see if you are transiting from rec to tec where it wouldn't be ideal but for a standard rec diver they are fine BCDs.\

Also the tank strap design is really convenient and easy to use.

My i3 Lotus holds up to 30 lbs of weight between the integrated pockets and the trim pockets. I know very few cold water divers who need more weight than that. And those that do would not want it all in a BC anyway. So I'm confused about why you think it's not great for cold water?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom