Aqualung Comfo-Bite - too large?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hazmat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is that part of the Comfo-Bite that sits against the roof of your mouth supposed to sit flat? Maybe I have a small mouth, but the middle of that part folds down when in, so it doesn't seem like it would be that comfortable. Are there different sizes of these things?

Thanks.

Most comfy in existence. The curvy bit sits against the curved roof curved and
reg hangs out without biting or chewing or clenching unless something occurs
other than posture and fin technique that makes butt cheeks clench then so does
mouth.

P10102453.JPG

GENERIC. Seven bucks.

Thanks. I guess it's that I was biting down on it, which pressured the middle of the upper part that sits against the roof of the mouth to bend down. I tried it again leaving my mouth slightly open and relaxed and it seemed to sit properly. Interesting how leaving your mouth relaxed still keeps a seal. I covered the opening (it's not on the reg) and it stopped the airflow completely. Cool. I'll put it on now.

Thanks. I guess it's that I was biting down on it, which pressured the middle of the upper part that sits against the roof of the mouth to bend down. I tried it again leaving my mouth slightly open and relaxed and it seemed to sit properly. Interesting how leaving your mouth relaxed still keeps a seal. I covered the opening (it's not on the reg) and it stopped the airflow completely. Cool. I'll put it on now.

When you have it attached, come back & tell us if it still bends down when you bite down on it.

I swapped all my Comfo-Bite mouthpieces out for Atomic mouthpieces...

AtomicComforMouthpiece.jpg

Now THAT'S a comfortable mouthpiece!

What do you like about the atomic style over the comfo-bite? I was about to swap atomic style for comfo-bite on my new reg but maybe I'll try it out first. I usually use comfo-bite and love it. I can keep my jaw relaxed and keep the reg feeling stable. Feels like an orthodontic retainer but softer.

Merry Christmas! :santa3:

The comfobite is extremely comfortable, and the bridge really does help keep the mouthpiece in place, with the absolute minimal effort on your part. I've used 4 different ones, with different finishes, hardness, and different patent numbers imprinted on them; at this point I can't tell which are the rip-offs and which are genuine. But there are different mouthpiece sizes, that typically correspond with different second-stage port/outlet sizes. You just gotta look around for the right one, and you typically can't rely on getting a particular make by description or picture. Getting one that doesn't fit your mouth is indeed less comfortable.

What do you like about the atomic style over the comfo-bite? I was about to swap atomic style for comfo-bite on my new reg but maybe I'll try it out first. I usually use comfo-bite and love it. I can keep my jaw relaxed and keep the reg feeling stable. Feels like an orthodontic retainer but softer.

Merry Christmas! :santa3:

Just much softer and more comfortable. Happy to swap an unused Comfo-Bite for your unused Atomic if you decide you want to go that way.

Just much softer and more comfortable. Happy to swap an unused Comfo-Bite for your unused Atomic if you decide you want to go that way.

I'll let you know if I don't use 'em.

Now "THAT" does look like a comfortable Kmouthpiece!

Back
Top Bottom