Aqualung Calypso DIN conversion, does it exist?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

N2DeepInAz

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Ok, I've searched the entire web with Google and countless other search engines and I cannot seem to find a conversion kit to change my Calypso from yoke to DIN.

Am I missing something or does this just simply not exist?

I'd like to convert it so I can use it as a deco reg and therefore not have to spend money on a whole new/used reg setup.

Any pointers or resolution anyone can shed on this topic would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

I could be mistaken, but I don't think it exists. I have one that I looked into converting mine at one point, and IIRC conversion to DIN was only an option on the higher end regs (meaning, nearly every AL reg other than this bottom of the line one), like the Titan, etc.

Nope...at least according to the Aqualung Spare Parts Catalog (version 2006).

Only way you'll be able to use it with a DIN tank valve is if that valve is of the nifty DIN/yoke convertible variety.

Interesting and good to know!

Although, manufacturing a DIN version of the first stage and offering a kit that lets you convert an existing reg from one format to another isn't necessarily the same thing.

I'd be pretty interested in knowing if that was possible, though... it would give new life to an otherwise rarely-used reg.

Although, manufacturing a DIN version of the first stage and offering a kit that lets you convert an existing reg from one format to another isn't necessarily the same thing.
Any Aqualung dealer should be able to order the parts for you...even if they aren't offered in the form of a kit. If Aqualung is willing to sell yoke-to-DIN conversion kits for any of their other regs, then there's no reason that they shouldn't allow yoke-to-DIN conversion of the Calypso.

I have run into some issues with ordering reg parts that require disassembly of the reg for installation. For some reason, Aqualung/Apeks doesn't trust me to put it all back together correctly. :D I wish I could sign a liability waiver and get the parts. Sounds reasonable to me anyway.

Any Aqualung dealer should be able to order the parts for you...even if they aren't offered in the form of a kit. If Aqualung is willing to sell yoke-to-DIN conversion kits for any of their other regs, then there's no reason that they shouldn't allow yoke-to-DIN conversion of the Calypso.

I have run into some issues with ordering reg parts that require disassembly of the reg for installation. For some reason, Aqualung/Apeks doesn't trust me to put it all back together correctly. :D I wish I could sign a liability waiver and get the parts. Sounds reasonable to me anyway.

I agree. Although my point was more wondering if parts are even available to actually convert the older models, or if they physically revised the reg to allow a DIN model to be made for the first time.

I agree. Although my point was more wondering if parts are even available to actually convert the older models, or if they physically revised the reg to allow a DIN model to be made for the first time.
Ahhh. Gotcha! Yeah, I misunderstood that last post of yours.

Hope you can retrofit your first stage.

The search continues....I've now emailed Aqualung with my request. It's been a week and I haven't heard back from them, so next up is a phone call.

I also stumbled upon the Scubastore 200 bar setup as well. Unfortunately it appears to only be sold in Europe and shipping to the US makes it a wash as I could buy a new one locally for the cost to order it and ship it here.

I'm going to my LDS today to look through their AL 2009/10 catalog to see if it exists. I'll post back when I have another update. I'm sure I can't be the only person looking for this kind of solution.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom