Aqualung Balance - extra pocket?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

backprop

Contributor
Reaction score
I got a used Aqualung Balance to replace a jacket style BCD that I've had for years. I like the design, but the one thing I miss is the accessory pocket on the left side. The pocket on the right side is certainly plenty large but I like dividing things between sides (shears, mirror, sunglasses, dry case (sometimes), slate)

Since I don't carry a knife, the grommets on the left side seem to be an appealing mounting point for some sort of third-party pocket. But I can't find a combination of pocket and mounting hardware that can accomplish that. I prefer a BCD pocket instead of e.g. one glued to a wetsuit.

Has anyone had success putting another pocket on the Balance where the knife mount is? Or have any creative suggestions for putting another pocket on this BCD? Thanks.

Thanks. As I noted, I'd prefer a BCD-mounted pocket.

Thanks Steve - yes I'd seen those. There isn't enough webbing to attach them to when the harness is cinched. Maybe I could run wire or something between the knife grommets and then attach one of those accessory pockets via carabiners? My mind's been running on just how to make use of that left side :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom