Aqualung Back Order Problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver180

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Possum Kingdom Lake, Texas ( Graford, Tx )
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Has anyone had problems getting equipment from aqualung? I tried to get a Black Diamond BC, but they have been on back order for almost a year now. I ordered an Apex and I got everything but the bladder. Any suggestions?

you sure it's just not your dive shop not wanting to do a minimum order? or maybe the dive shop might be on credit hold?

or might be other politics. I've heard of AL not shipping products to shops they weren't happy with....

because it looks like Leisure Pro has them in stock.... If AL had them on backorder for a year, then most likely LP wouldn't have them in stock. (they would be sold out).

I can tell you by personal experience, getting the Black Diamond can be a challenge. They come in sporadically. When they do, they go out to all the pending orders. The Dealer needs to place the order and when it comes in, they will be in the queue. I just checked the online dealer system:

In stock: Black Diamond Small
Back Ordered: Black Diamond, Medium, ML, Large and Extra Large

Why the Black Diamond? Have you tried it?

BTW - I see you are an instructor. If it was a Keyman Order; those take the lowest priority in the queue.

////

you sure it's just not your dive shop not wanting to do a minimum order? or maybe the dive shop might be on credit hold?

or might be other politics. I've heard of AL not shipping products to shops they weren't happy with....

because it looks like Leisure Pro has them in stock.... If AL had them on backorder for a year, then most likely LP wouldn't have them in stock. (they would be sold out).

Generally, dealers don't pay shipping when they hit a certain amount on the order (like $1500). It looks like LP has Small and Extra Large in Stock. ML is out of stock and Large has a limited quantity. LP has a large warehouse on the East Coast and has more inventory than your average Scuba shop. Note, last I checked, LP was not an Authorized dealer for Aqualung/Suunto.

jcf

///

Note, last I checked, LP was not an Authorized dealer for Aqualung/Suunto.

my point was that if they could get them, then a normal LDS should be able to also...

but then again I saw you stated that when they were available that they often went to pending customer orders also.....

I've been waiting for months for a M/L Aqualung-Seaquest Pro QD BCD, and they've been on backorder from Leisure Pro for a time longer than I've had them on order. Maybe that's an Aqualung/ Leisure Pro issue, maybe it's just Aqualung, but for over a $150.00 difference, I'll wait.

I've been waiting for months for a M/L Aqualung-Seaquest Pro QD BCD, and they've been on backorder from Leisure Pro for a time longer than I've had them on order. Maybe that's an Aqualung/ Leisure Pro issue, maybe it's just Aqualung, but for over a $150.00 difference, I'll wait.

You may just have to bite the bullet and pay the higher price from a LDS that's an authorized dealer. When I ordered by Pro QD i3 trough my LDS Aqualung was showing out of stock and on backorder. My LDS entered the order for a red or silver to get whichever one came out first, and one week later it was shipped and I have it to go this week to Roatan.

Rest assured that Leisure Pro will get re-stocked just as quick as an "authorized" LDS.

When the new ACD (auto closure device) regulators came out a year or so ago, LP was shipping them to customers before most LDS's even got them in stock.... kinda makes you go "hmmmm" doesn't it? :popcorn:

Rest assured that Leisure Pro will get re-stocked just as quick as an "authorized" LDS.

When the new ACD (auto closure device) regulators came out a year or so ago, LP was shipping them to customers before most LDS's even got them in stock.... kinda makes you go "hmmmm" doesn't it? :popcorn:

Could be Mike, but divematt said he had been "waiting months" for Leisure Pro to get restocked and I got mine from the LDS after 2 1/2 weeks on back order.

Tried on a M/L in late May at Divers Direct in Key Largo when we were there....had both the QD and the QD i3 on the rack........but you're right they are not the same price as you see advertised by Lesiure Pro.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom