Aqualung Axiom vs Pro HD?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SlyStrat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I need a new BCD and picking between these two.
Do you have a preference and why?

I'm a dive instructor and find the Axiom to be perfect. The pro was a little to bulky for me. I only use this teaching in the pool though. I switch to a BP/W for the ocean dives.

If I were to buy/use a BC from AL, it will be the Axim nothing else. I have tried it on a while back and it is excellent. I am not an expert with their bc's but the Axim is tops in their line. The Pro HD is a very old style bc that isn't a good fitting as the Axim, the Axim is much better in all categories.

What about tank stability?

No issues as far as I can remember. Don't go with my words only, I don't have too much experience with it. I only tried it once a while ago and it was very good but not extensive experience as I do with SP, Mares and Cressi BC's.

I own the Axiom i3. No complaints at all. Very comfortable, adjustable, good pocketing, etc., and the inflate/deflate mechanism is very nice.

The tank strap is a lot better on the Axiom. It's a metal clip as the pro hd is plastique and you have to thread the other end through. The Axiom is better on all points including confort and stability, my choice without hesitation.

I have dived with the pro HD once and found it very comfortable (I was then used to cheap rented BCD's). However I bought the Axiom last year and I'm happy with it. The fit is better and it suits my preferences slightly better. If you have a choice, then take the Axiom. Btw if possible, try them on as fit is important! Myself, I was hesitating between the Hydros and Axiom and found the Hydros to be a poor fit for me.

Good luck and have fun with what you choose!

.When I looked, the Axiom was the better choice. I wanted something for pool teaching rather than exposing my wings to chlorine

Not only was it slightly cheaper, it has the wrapture harness design which the Pro HD didn't have

I've dived my Axiom with large steels no problem. I find it really nice and comfortable to use, fast and easy to throw on too pockets are a good size, and some nice D-ring positions for slates and other accessories

My only niggle is the waist strap slides apart so you lose tension, but that's a feature of not having a cumberbund which I dislike also

I'd buy another Axiom in an instant

I need a new BCD and picking between these two.
Do you have a preference and why?
I have a Pro Hd for sale. It has around 50 dives on it. Excellant. I like the stability of it .The weight pockets work well and the storage pockets are large. I lost weight and its too big size Large. Never dove an Axiom.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom