Aqualung Axiom I3 vs Axiom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaND

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know the difference between the axiom i3 and just the axiom? I know the i3 has the buoyancy control but I was told the i3 was more comfortable too. Is that true and is there any other differences?

I'm pretty sure they are the same other than the i3 version has the manual inflate as well. I have the i3 version but I was fitted with the normal but don't remember there being a difference.

For some reason I wanted to say there was something to do with the back support. I like the i3 but don't like the blue. Wish I could get it in the gray and black

Other than the inflation system, there is no difference between the Axiom i3 and the Axiom. However, if you haven't already done so, you should give the i3 inflator a try.

The i3's multiple dump features means that when you depress the i3 lever, all the one-way dump valves open at once. This makes controlling your buoyancy a snap. Here is a video on the i3: Scuba.com Video: Aqua Lung - Sea Quest i3 Buoyancy Control System - Buoyancy Compensators

Cheers,

The I3 is the ticket..... Very easy to control and simplifies in and de flating......

I own the Dimension i3 and I have about 120 dives on it. After looking at the Axiom i3 I think it looks better than the Dimension (Axiom is also the newer model)

Axiom i3: Axiom i3
Dimension i3: Dimension i3

What jumps out to me is the compactness and streamline of the Axiom. The reason being is the Axiom is a wrap-around jacket and the Dimension is back inflate. I like the back inflate but when I was a new diver, it was a pain in the but to float comfortably at the surface. Now that I have 100+ dives on it, I can control it no problem. On my Dimension, I have no pockets on my left side whereas on the Axiom, you have zippers and more room on both sides. I love the i3 technology, no complaints except its sometime hard to deflate I usually use my dump valve. If I were to do it all over again, I'd go Axiom.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom