Aqualung Arctic Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thbcthomas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have a dive buddy looking at buying an Aqualung Arctic. I know the 1st stage is still serviceable but not sure about the 2nd stage. Are parts still available for the Arctic 2nd stage and if so, is it worth rebuilding?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220531-183132_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220531-183132_Facebook.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 85
The Arctic Models, whether they were the Spiro- US-Divers or Aqualung Models, have been very successful models of their times and in Europe they still have quite some fans.
LP seat is, AFAIK the same as the one of the Calypsos, just dismantling, reassambling and adjustment can be a bit tricky without the special tools and manual.
But if you know how, you can adjust the Arctic very fine and it's comfortable breather, even without removable orifice.
Definitely worth rebuilding.......

I have a buddy who loves his Arctic over his G260 and Mares Abyss, alas had to retire it, according to his dive shop. For NLA hard parts one could pick up a donor reg cheap from Ebay Germany where they used to pop up regularly...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom