Aqualung/Apeks WTX Power Inflator Recall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diversteve

always tired
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 30, 2010
Release #10-286

WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following product. Consumers should stop using products immediately unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.

Name of product: Power Inflator

Units: About 1,380 in the U.S., 530 in Canada

Importer: Aqua Lung America of Vista, Calif.

Hazard: The oral inflator button is not properly bonded to the oral stem and can fall off during use, posing a leak of the buoyancy compensator contents. This poses a drowning hazard.

Incidents/Injuries: Aqua Lung America has received one report of a consumer’s oral inflate button falling off during use. No injuries have been reported.

Full details here: Aqua Lung America Recalls Apeks WTX Power Inflators Due to Drowning Hazard

thanks I have two on the list. I am leaving for a trip in 3 weeks I hope I can get them done in time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom