aquacat cruises

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

allyssaj507

Registered
Reaction score
West Coast of Florida..Just north of Tampa
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone,
I am new to the board. I am going on Aquacat from Dec. 31-Jan 7 2006. I have looked at info online, and from the brochures, but that just tells me general stuff. I was just wondering if any of you had personal experiences on the aquacat and what you could tell me about it. Any info would be wonderful
Thanks

The diving was good, the food was excellent, at least when I went in 2003; the rooms were small but good. You can hang your gear up on the deck where you get ready for diving. Entry to water is good. I had a really good time. Staff knowledgeable and experienced. The the Blackbeard too. If you don't like camping don't do this one, althought I enjoyed myself. Rooms were clean but you only get a berth and maybe 3 other people in same room. Aqua Cat is run by the same people but different as far as the amenities and comfort. Will eventually do the Cat Ppalu all from the same company. This is a catamaran and is not as campy as the Blackbeard but not as fancy as the Aqua Cat.

allyssaj507:
Hi everyone,
I am new to the board. I am going on Aquacat from Dec. 31-Jan 7 2006. I have looked at info online, and from the brochures, but that just tells me general stuff. I was just wondering if any of you had personal experiences on the aquacat and what you could tell me about it. Any info would be wonderful
Thanks

We started diving @9:00 am on Sunday after a great breakfast we dove 5 dives including night dive on Sunday. On Monday we only got to dive four because we traveled to Eluthera because of rough weather where we were.
We dove a total of 25 dives over Six days.Wednesday was the highlight with the Shark Dive I found a nice Shark tooth and now wear it on a gold chain around my neck.
Captain Ron McCaslin was at the helm and did an excellent job of piloting the Cat thru The Exuma Cays. He had Mervyn Duffield as First Mate.
Dive Instructors: Des Greyling, Manny Diaz, Gerry Flemming, Danielle Williams were always very helpful and very knowledgeable about the dive sites and briefings were always a very accurate.
When it came to make sure the boat was running top notch they had Chuck Herman and Dave McCulough as engineers.
And we had to eat, and eat WE DID Kirk Bell and Karina Crespo kept our plates very full. The variety of cuisine they offered was out of this world.
And last but not least was Jesse Crespo as the House Mouse keeping our rooms clean.
All thru the week I had a great time looking forward on what was coming next they did an EXCELENT job of keeping things exciting and a very good value I strongly recommend them.

I will post pictures soon

Hi,
Thanks for posting the thread about Aquacat. I look forward to seeing your pictures. I was wondering if you did any of the other adventures that weren't diving. I heard they are pretty fun too. If you have any information or stories about other fun things on the trip I would really appreciate it. Thanks for your information. I am now looking to going on the cruise even more.

allyssaj507:
Hi,
Thanks for posting the thread about Aquacat. I look forward to seeing your pictures. I was wondering if you did any of the other adventures that weren't diving. I heard they are pretty fun too. If you have any information or stories about other fun things on the trip I would really appreciate it. Thanks for your information. I am now looking to going on the cruise even more.
http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/1215
here is some of the photos from my trip

Back
Top Bottom