Aquacat Bahamas internet access

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I haven't seen any listed about internet access on Aquacat boats. My wife is going to collage and it would make things a lot easier.

Because there isn't any. They do have a satellite phone - outbound calls are $5.00 per minute. I've never heard of a liveaboard with it - maybe the Kona Agressor as it's often called the cellphone liveaboard...lol. Check with Aquacat about WiFi in port, they dock at Hurricane Hole Marina on Paradise Island Friday afternoon on your return.

You could maybe tether a smartphone in port - at least this should be possible in Nassau, maybe when you're close to Great Exuma also? AT&T now allows tethering the iPhone 4 for $20/mo. extra.

There's WiFi available at some of the Atlantis public areas when you're on Paradise Island. (lounges/restaurants) $15/24 hrs.

Thank you for the info wife will have to work hard to get ahead before the trip.

I've been on one boat with free WiFi internet - the MV Tala in the Red Sea. The Tala is a superb boat, with a superb crew, and one that is very high on my list to return to.

However, my previous view was I was on a dive boat to get away from the world; and with the way some folks buried their heads into their laptops in between dives, now I'm sure of it.

All the best, James

OK thank you. wife is blowing off collage for a week to go on this liveabord. I don't need internet. I plan on being in the water all day.

Back
Top Bottom