Aqua Sonic underwater signaling device?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Toys has these on sale.....Has anyone used one?? How are they??
Hey Duke,

After posting my question I decided to bite the bullet and buy one. The unit is noisy and will get one's attention but the sound is irritating and a bit unnerving. Also, the unit is bulky compared to the metal noise maker by XS Scuba. Over all I prefer the XS Scuba unit for compact size and less obnoxious noise production.

P.S. Class of 1980 Fighting Illini... lived in Champaign& Urbana and know the owners of Murphy's Pub too. Padi course offered as class credit at the U of I. First open water dive in a rock quarry in Indiana, spring 1980. Froze my gonads off.

Garv
So So. California

Hey Duke,

After posting my question I decided to bite the bullet and buy one. The unit is noisy and will get one's attention but the sound is irritating and a bit unnerving. Also, the unit is bulky compared to the metal noise maker by XS Scuba. Over all I prefer the XS Scuba unit for compact size and less obnoxious noise production.

P.S. Class of 1980 Fighting Illini... lived in Champaign& Urbana and know the owners of Murphy's Pub too. Padi course offered as class credit at the U of I. First open water dive in a rock quarry in Indiana, spring 1980. Froze my gonads off.

Garv
So So. California

Send me your address. I dove there recently and I think I found them. I thought they were superballs so the kids have been playing with them in the street but they seem to be in decent condition still. :rofl3: (Anyone with the screen name Fred Garvin deserves that!)

Send me your address. I dove there recently and I think I found them. I thought they were superballs so the kids have been playing with them in the street but they seem to be in decent condition still. :rofl3: (Anyone with the screen name Fred Garvin deserves that!)

You are dating yourself, if you know the the origin of my user name. Most fail to get the reference.... so I commend you. My name would be even better, or more accurate, if I used the following after the name, i.e. Fred Garvin, M.P.

Sat, P.M. Live 1978

Anyhow, just hang onto them as my gift to you, one never knows when you may need them.

Lost in a frozen state deep within an Indiana rock quarry circa 1979.:eyebrow:

You are dating yourself, if you know the the origin of my user name. Most fail to get the reference.... so I commend you. My name would be even better, or more accurate, if I used the following after the name, i.e. Fred Garvin, M.P.

Sat, P.M. Live 1978

Anyhow, just hang onto them as my gift to you, one never knows when you may need them.

Lost in a frozen state deep within an Indiana rock quarry circa 1979.:eyebrow:

LOL, ya, those were my favorite episodes. This Saturday we were flying home from Bonaire on Continental and the in-flight movie was Julie & Julia. Part of the movie was the Dan Akroid skit where he impersonates Julia Child and slices her thumb off. People were looking at me funny because I had head phones on and didn't know that my recital of the skit was loud enough to be heard by others. I know that one by heart... "...oh look, I've cut the dickens out of my hand!" :support:

Modern day SNL just can't compare.

HM

Back
Top Bottom