Aqua-Lung Micra Adj vs. Sherwood Oasis - which do I keep - Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeep4wdva

Reaction score
Hi all! First time poster, long-time reader. And I need some insight:

Warm water diver, not much in the way of deep stuff or tech diving at this point. I have managed to acquire a Sherwood Oasis and a Aqua-Lung Micra and just can't decide between the two of them. Anything I am missing or I should keep in mind? They both work great, breathe easily, etc. and I am comfortable with them both - but need to get rid of one of them!

Oh - as I do most of my diving in the States, should I keep the Din-Yoke adapter, or just go back to the yoke?

Thanks a bunch!
Bryan :D

Well, I guess it's worth checking into the overhaul costs... if you like both regs equally, that is.

I really like my Micra ADJ -- it's nice and small... I barely notice it's there. I've never used an Oasis, though.

I have had my Oasis for over 10 years. I love it!! It has those mositure fins inside that collect water on them so you never get dry mouth. Thought about replacing it but decided not to. I love it

We have 2 Micra ADJ in the family in regular use for some years now. Great regs.

Based on these replies and what I have heard from the folks at my LDS, I guess it's not a matter of one being wrong, but not going wrong with whichever I keep!

Thanks all who replied and offered help/advice!

Personally I can't imagine getting rid of any reg that works. You can't have too many regs.
Rick :)

Hey,
For what it is worth, I have found that some of the smaller and lighter regs like the Micra will release bubbles right in front of your mask when looking horizontally, especially when used with one of the newer low-volume masks. The Oasis, on the other hand has a nice wide exhaust tee that keeps the bubbles out of your field of vision. The Oasis (and other Sherwoods) also have a reputation for reliability and ease of maintenance, hence their popularity as rentals.

Don't get me wrong, I know the Micra is a sweet reg, but I just wanted to mentioned the narrow exhaust tee downside to some of the smaller-and-lighter regs.

I would keep them both....if I could.

Thomjinx

I agree with Rick, you can never have too many regs. But if you really need to get rid of one PM me and I'll gladly take it off your hands:wink: . I'll even pay for the shipping rather than see you toss it out.:D

JimLap:
I agree with Rick, you can never have too many regs. But if you really need to get rid of one PM me and I'll gladly take it off your hands:wink: . I'll even pay for the shipping rather than see you toss it out.:D

Wow - such a generous offer..... :p I'll let you know when it goes onto the ScubaBoard Marketplace. If I decide to sell it, that is....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom