Aqua Lung i550

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will check ours

We dont have the cord and dont want to buy it.
We do not plan to download our dives?
Any other options because ours are faulty also
Thnx

ask around your local shops to see if they have a cable and can do the update for you

ask around your local shops to see if they have a cable and can do the update for you
Thnx trying divers direct but one person wanted me to buy the cable

To update my post. Divers direct did lend me the cord.
That being said I bought it from them afterwards anyway

I bought an i550 for a dive trip in March. when I got back from the trip, the only dive in the log was the last dive. Called Aqualung and they claimed it was the first they have heard of the issue (guess they don't monitor this forum). They suggested I connect it to my PC to see if I could pull the dive history out and take th computer back to my LDS for return to Aqualung. I connected the computer to my PC aand, sure enough, the data for all dives loaded to my PC.

So, I took it back to LDS, explained the situation and asked that they send if back to aqualung. They did a series of test dives over a couple of weeks and the dives did not disappear from the log. So, I picked it up and played around with it a little at home, including changing the gas settings. Set the computer aside for a couple of days. Turned it back on and all of the dives were gone. That is when I realized that the last dive I did on the original trip was after changing the gas type.

Took it back to the LDS and showed them the proof that their test dives were gone from the log. I explained my theory about changing the gas type. They agreed to send it back to Aqualung along with written details about changing the gas type.

Weeks passed. I just happened by the shop and went in to check on things. They had gotten the computer back from Aqualung, but Aqualung failed to return the boot that goes around the computer. They showed me some paperwork indicating that Aqualung had done a bunch of test dives and found no problems. There were a bunch of dives in the log. I told them to keep the computer until they got all of the parts back. I also changed the gas type before handing it back over to them.

Today, I was able to go back to the shop and pick everything up. The first thing I did was check the log and there were no dives. The LDS was good enough to replace the unit with a new one. I will find out as soon as I can if it has the same issues.

Two reasons for this lengthy post...One - can any other posters who have had this issue correlate it to changing the gas type? Two - If you are thinking about buy this computer, DON'T!

I had a customer last year with his initial 5 or so dives disappear, but were able to download. After doing the firmware upgrade, there have been no other issues and nothing has been lost.

Did a pool dive with the new computer Saturday. Yesterday, the log still showed the dive. I changed the gas type. Today, the computer shows no dives in the log!

Positive update...I returned the rental tank I used on my test dive to the LDS on Monday and showed them that the second computer had the same flaw. Said Iwould keep it for an upcoming dive trip and do some more testing. Out of the blue yesterday, the LDS contacted me and said that the Auqualung rep wanted to help me out. So, kudos to both Sea Sports Scuba and Aqualung for addressing my issue. They really do care.

My Aqualung i550 is malfunctioning AGAIN! This thing has already been sent back to the manufacturer once before to repair the time-lag issue, dives disappearing from the log, and inaccurate temperature readings. Now it's doing the "never-shuts-off" thing. It's been on for over 24 hours. Never had this much trouble with any other dive computer. I'm returning it to my LDS first chance I get, and I'm never buying another Aqualung product.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom