Aqua Lung Airsourse hose quick disconnect

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FM1520

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
The hose going to my Airsourse came off unintend yesterday and upon closer inspection it seems really easy to "quick disconnect" the hose from the Airsourse regulator. The hose for my power inflater which was replaced by the Airsourse is also a quick disconnect but much harder to do. You don't have to move the ring on the hose much to get it to "quick disconnect" from the Airsourse. The hose from the power inflater has a different fitting and doesn't fit. Any fix for this i.e. different hose/connector? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0559.jpg
    IMG_0559.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 192
Yes, you require a different fitting, do not dive with a BCD inflator hose as it cannot supply enough air to a second stage regulator! Check out diverightin for the proper fitting for the aqualung airsource.

Sorry for the confusion but I am not using the hose from the power inflater. I'm talking about the hose that came with the Airsourse. It seems to be to easy to move the ring only a short distance for it to disconnect as compared to the power inflater. I was wondering if anyone else as experienced the same or if there is a different hose/fitting out there. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom