Aqua Lung ACD - Is it a gimmick or is it a deal maker?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well.... from what I can see they have some utility in rental stock because some students and people who rent regs do not take care of them very well. It just lowers maintenance costs/effort if these regs are in rental stock, which for a large dive centre can be a big deal.

R..

The only catch with that is that the ACD is not shown as available in the Aqua Lung Calypso, which is the most likely regulator found in a rental fleet. Granted, as a flow-by piston first stage design is probably as reliable as you can get.

The ACD comes standard in all the high end Aqua Lung regulator, which are not the regulators normally found in a rental fleet.

The ACD can be an option for the Aqua Lung Titan, which could be a candidate for rental gear in a dive center that would like to cater to the higher end market. Actually that is such a good regulator, it should be a candidate for most any application, including rental fleet. (This is just my opinion)

well.... what you say may be true in some places but that's the best use for it I can think of. Unless you are generally a sloppy person, as I said above, it's really unnecessary.

Frankly, I don't think it really matters much. It doesn't seem to affect the performance of the regulator and aside from the slight amount of additional work during servicing, it's something the average diver will never even notice.

R..

I agree with what you are saying.

I also don't see that it could affect performance. It seems like a reasonably good design for what it is intended to do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom