Aqua Explorer Ultimate Pony Bracket or ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gene1948

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for a good pony mounting system for 19 or 30 pony bottles that can be easily attached to rental tanks, etc. but still stable. Does anyone have experience to share on the Aqua Explorer bracket that seems like a nice option? Any other system that you recomment? Thanks, Gene

Never used that bracket. I use the quick draw bracket on a 30cf tank. http://www.quickdrawbracket.com/

This thing is rock solid, and very easy to mount. Plus there is nothing to mount to the main tank, the bracket goes on the tank strap, which is nice if you rent tanks.

What, no body has said to sling it?? !! :D

Slinging is definitely an option. It is user preference.

I use the ponease bottle mount as it mounts to any bcd's cam straps versus the tank.

www.sea-lutions.com/ponease

I do have a two of these what they call “ Ultimate Pony Bracket “ and I like how quick and easy it can be attached to the main tank or a set of doubles . I feel that the pony is 100% secure and firm with the dual brackets without any movement BUT I really worry about it loosen up from the main Tank. The hook at the end (in my case the blue bracket) should have more curve or little longer specially when dealing with bigger diameter tanks.
Get the Black nylon sleeves ( it sells separates) to protect the pony from getting scratched by the steel brackets.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom