April Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stevenl:
Pawara, excellent value for money this season.

Thanks for the link. Very nice indeed . I will book it for Easter immediately if it has complimentary Thai massage, a 4-man jacuzzi and a tennis court.. :)

Alas.. am booked to dive in Puerto Galera instead! :shakehead

stevenl:
Pawara, excellent value for money this season.

Checked out the website, the boat is very nice indeed.

However, I am working with a really tight schedule here. Because of my limited holidays, I probably have to go for something that boards on Thurs night or Friday morning and then back to Phuket on Sun evening.

Anyone knows any livaboards that offer that?

I have also looked at what some dive shops offer, some offer like a 2-day trip to Similans, how are those like, too tight to really see anything?

Also, Hin Daeng/Hin Muang is more appealing to me with its mantas and whale shark, but most dive shops offer trips to go there only in the summer. Are those better times to dive there?

chocolate:
I have just been to Lembeh this last July, have to admit that it is a great place for diving, but would like to try somewhere else this time.

After some more research, I think my first choice would be Thailand, Similans has the most hype, but Hin Daeng seems pretty attractive and so is Burma. Does anyone has any information on these places. I figure I probably have only 3 days of diving or so.

Hi,
April is fine for Phuket and the Similans, although on the edge of high season.
If you'd like help with selecting and booking a liveaboard, we'll be glad to help.
We also run Similans.com, but our new site isnt ready yet.
However, the liveaboards are all in place and we can detail many of them for you by text and photos, if you're still interested.

Please email direct us with your questions:-
info@scubaguards.com or info@similans.com

Hi, Chocolate:

I am in the same boat as you: in HK with a short break and wondering where to go. I have booked a New Year's trip to Puerto Galera, and am thinking of a short hop to Singapore to go up peninsular Malaysia for the Easter break. Will be super cheap- I figure at around 1500 HKD for the diving and airfare should be dirt - which is an added bonus. Besides, I am a novice and it will all be breathtaking, I am sure. That, and I will get a day or so in Singapore, a city I have wanted to see.

Nevertheless, I am interested to see what you decide and how it works out for future reference.

An aside question: have you done any local diving with the local clubs?

Malcolm

Back
Top Bottom