Appropriate time to do a snorkel with the Manatees.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeputyDan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Didn't know where to post this so here goes.

Is Thanksgiving week a good week to go to the crystal river area for the purpose of snorkeling with the manatees as well as doing the rainbow river dive?

I could go anytime up from early Nov. to late January, but that week allows the least use of vacation, etc.

Thank you for any assistance.

DD

January would be a better bet unless November is particularly cool (and more importantly the water is cool so the manatees will seek warmer springs and spring fed rivers)

It really depends on how cool the weather has been. There are manatees at Crystal River year round, just not in large numbers like when it's cold. I would contact one of the tour operators and get their opinion, since that's their business. I personally recommend Bird's Underwater Dive Center Swim and Snorkel with Manatees In Crystal River, Florida - Manatee Tours - Swim with Manatees

Rainbow River is crystal clear beautiful and makes a nice drift dive.

I agree January is a good time and birds underwater is a great shop to book through very reasonable prices for groups all sizes and I think they provide food and hot chocolate they also do guided dives to rainbow and some of the local springs

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom