Apple Ultra 2 - not covered for water damage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefseeker2

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
FYI , 4 months old, 10 dives and watch has water damage. Apple says it is outside warranty. Very disappointed in Apple. This is ridiculous. What is the point?

FYI , 4 months old, 10 dives and watch has water damage. Apple says it is outside warranty. Very disappointed in Apple. This is ridiculous. What is the point?
Do you have apple care? They usually cover everything.

Very strange indeed they'd be challenging to work with on this. Your post, however, misses some information: Are you the original owner? Was the dive beyond 40m? Is there any other damage to the watch? Have you tried multiple ways of support (Support app, physical Apple Store) in case you just ran into a less-than-educated employee?

The warranty page doesn't list water damage specifically, though there's a catch-all about "(e) to damage caused by operating the Apple Product outside Apple’s published guidelines;" which they could try to invoke here. Not sure how it'd hold up—the AWU2 is so heavily advertised for water activities that I don't know even an arbitrator would side with them.

I had to look it up and this was a part of the ad:

1725996206895.png

Very strange indeed they'd be challenging to work with on this. Your post, however, misses some information: Are you the original owner? Was the dive beyond 40m? Is there any other damage to the watch? Have you tried multiple ways of support (Support app, physical Apple Store) in case you just ran into a less-than-educated employee?

The warranty page doesn't list water damage specifically, though there's a catch-all about "(e) to damage caused by operating the Apple Product outside Apple’s published guidelines;" which they could try to invoke here. Not sure how it'd hold up—the AWU2 is so heavily advertised for water activities that I don't know even an arbitrator would side with them.
Yes original owner, never over 90 feet. Watch is clean as new. LOL less than educated employees, I am amazed how little the people at apple know, they all go to read their own advertising notes instantly, I always say it's not like you have 1000 products. You would think I owned the only AWU2 in the world. FYI it is still going around and around. Dust has not settled. Waiting for them to get back to me for the 4th time. I would think twice before I ever bought another one from Apple and I am a big shareholder.

Do you have apple care? They usually cover everything.
I do for this one, but they still want 90 dollars. It should be covered even without it. Well it's still in the works, I am waiting to hear back. Again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom