apple/safari issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jason B

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey net doc,
Not a real problem, just thought I'd point it out.
Usually scubaboard appears on my apple (home computer) exactly as it does on my windows machine at work. Since the holiday theme has been added, safari, the apple browser, doesn't show exactly right.
Everything functions fine, don't lose any sleep over it. Just thought I throw it out there. Oh, I attached an image of a screen capture so you can see what the issues are.

Jason

A few moderators have reported the same problem with the Holiday theme but thanks for bring it up again and verrifying it. I'm not overly concerned because the holiday theme is only for this month but I will see what I can do to fix the problems.

I was in a Mac Store and brought up the site on one of their PCs with a mondo 30" screen. I had just pulled into the portal, when their salesman cruised by asking if he could "help". I mentioned how I LOVED that moniter, and he mentioned that there is really nothing out there to "show it off with".

So I popped into our photo gallery and the pic that was up was from "JustLeesa" and was a pic of a juvenile turtle coming out from under a ledge. He sort of brushed me to the side and made the pic be the background. He stood back to admire and then called his manager. They were changing the background on their other Macs when we left! Too cool! 10,000 photos, and MANY of them of professional quality. This board rocks! :D

:D Good job!!! I love the Mac store- they are the best. So is Scubaboard- great combo, no?

~~ And by the way, I ditched Safari after a couple days and downloaded Mozilla's Firefox. it works a lot better, and I like it more. Blocks pop ups better. You should try it.

I've never had a single pop up with Safari. I love it....can't make myself change. I wasn't complaining about the problem as it doesn't bother me. I just wanted to make them aware.

Jason

Just an FYI for Tech Admin: I've been using Firefox as my browser on my Windows machine at work and on my Mac at home for a few weeks - no problems with SB at all.

Back
Top Bottom