App to log dives other than Shearwater Cloud

Based on the responses, these seem to be good. Which do you prefer?

• MacDive

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • SubSurface

Votes: 32 52.5%
  • DiveLog / DiveLogDT

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • Another solution

Votes: 4 6.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

+ 1 for MacDive, which has, as well, a data base to manage your equipment, and allows to link the one used on any dive. A big plus for me.

Subsurface's interface is unspeakable, at least that's my opinion.

I like macdive. I sync from shearwater to my iphone and then the iphone and mac via icloud. Pretty perfect.

Not sure when, but the app now shows your decompression ceilings too. Pretty nice as well.

I have a custom excel spreadsheet. Old skool.

I wish this Poll had included the Shearwater cloud. I get it that the OP wanted to see which of the others is best but now I am confused. Is Macdive and Subsurface better than the Shearwater software or just different.

MacDive doesn’t support two transmitters for sidemount. You control your own backups.

I loathe Subsurface’s interface.

I still keep the Shearwater app for updates as well as to see the SM gas switch stuff.

I wish this Poll had included the Shearwater cloud. I get it that the OP wanted to see which of the others is best but now I am confused. Is Macdive and Subsurface better than the Shearwater software or just different.

Macdive (which I have been using for a couple of months now) has a much nicer user interface and options to store information that Shearwater Cloud doesn’t have.

Shearwater shows you the data in a rawer way, while Macdive presents it “nicely”.

I guess they are different... and for me, Macdive is better. :)

MacDive doesn’t support two transmitters for sidemount. You control your own backups.

I loathe Subsurface’s interface.

I still keep the Shearwater app for updates as well as to see the SM gas switch stuff.

I only use one transmitter so hadn’t realized that limitation, good to know!

I still sync all my dives to Shearwater Cloud, so I have the data there just in case. But only really use Macdive to log my dives with all the details.

I only use one transmitter so hadn’t realized that limitation, good to know!

I still sync all my dives to Shearwater Cloud, so I have the data there just in case. But only really use Macdive to log my dives with all the details.

I sync all dives to both as well.

Thanks for the replies, I think I will try out MacDive soon and use it on my iPad or iPhone. I don't own a Mac. It seems like that would be the way to get the most out of it.

Thanks for the replies, I think I will try out MacDive soon and use it on my iPad or iPhone. I don't own a Mac. It seems like that would be the way to get the most out of it.
Check out DivingLog.de I been using it for around 10 years. Personally I think it is the most powerful log book.

I do not and will never own an Apple Product.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom