Apollo neck Bio-Seal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Silicone seems pretty close to chemically inert, so I doubt that would be an issue with the BioSeal, and it should certainly improve the seal. I use one with a neoprene seal and it makes a lot of difference.

Sorry for the thread resurrection but I tried to do my research before commenting.

I have a Whites neoprene dry suit and the neck is stretched just a little too large. Excellent condition dry suit inherited from my father-in-law. I called Frank's and they don't work on their own neoprene dry suits anymore.

So I came across Bio Seal. I see it helps leaks but my issue is that I cannot maintain the air inside the suit (it bubbles out at the rear of my neck). Would this product still be useful? I assume that you would fold the neoprene neck seal inward and then hold it in the fold using the bio seal (kind of like tucking it in?)

Advice would be great to save an expensive, hardly used dry suit!!

It will increase the diameter of your neck, which may improve the bubble problem. You fold the neoprene neck seak inward, so that it sits against the seal, just as it would usually fit against your neck skin.

The bioseal works as described and is a decent stop gap measure. I got ~ 2 more years out of a deteriorating seal.
FWIW you could take an elongated pie shaped wedge out of the seal and glue it back together. Good glue and good technique and it should be fine.

Send it to another shop to have the neck seal replaced?

On its own the neck seal shouldn't be hard to replace. The neoprene seal on my suit fits plenty snug but still leaks to some degree most of the time. The BioSeal all but eliminates that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom