Apollo Drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nw_diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has anyone used Apollo Drysuits before? It looks like there were some old posts about them but I thought I could get a current review of their suits. If you have one, how do you like the foot valves? Thanks.

I 've done about 6 dives in my Apollo Edge drysuit, and so far, I'm loving it. I had the ankle dumps (I guess that's what you mean by foot valves?) set to auto until my last dive at the weekend when I switched them off. I found that if I broke from horizontal trim, e.g. to look under a ledge, they'd let out a little too much air, and I'd have to put some back in as soon as I was level again. That, said, this is my first drysuit, and although I can probably live without them now, I think they lessened the learning curve a bit for me.

I recently picked up a very gently used Apollo dry suit. I only have a few dives on it so I am still forming my opinion of the suit. So far, I like it. The foot valves do work well, but eventually I probably will seal them off. The exhaust valve has only an auto and a lock setting. I most likely will try and replace that with a quality, adjustable valve at some time in the future. I probably would not have purchased one new, however, I found a great deal that I could not pass up. Keep watching the classifieds, there are some good deals to be found on some nearly new drysuits. Bob

I have one, but the foot valves kept getting sand in them causing leaks, so I sealed them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom