Apollo bio tank lock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jsado

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm really interested in one of these! Anyone out there using one or know someone who is? Looks like it would be pretty good compared to my velcro and plastic!

I've never used one, but I use their bio-filter and love it.

I considered one in the beginning because I kept losing my tank, but once I understood better how the strap worked I haven't had any more problems.

I broke one during rescue class...the knob that tightens the band just came all to pieces.

jsado:
I'm really interested in one of these! Anyone out there using one or know someone who is? Looks like it would be pretty good compared to my Velcro and plastic!

My family owns three of them and have not had any problems with them whatsoever.

People who switch between different diameter tanks have to adjust the straps when switching between tanks of a different diameter.

I don't have that problem whether I am diving locally or in on vacation in the Caribbean or Hawaii.

My Worthington HP 100 steel tanks are 7.25 inches in diameter and so are the aluminum 80s commonly used by rental shops and dive boats in the Caribbean & Hawaii.

My wife and daughter also use the Bio Tank Locks. My wife dives with Worthington HP 80 steel tanks locally and aluminum 63s on vacation.

My daughter dives with aluminum 63s both at home and on vacation.

I am very happy with them and I am glad I bought them.

I have one. Bought it in Nagoya Japan. Like most Apollo gear the engineering excellent. I have the pro-bio dry suit, the XT fins etc. Ya got work to break it. They test the hell out of their stuff, but things do break. Usually if that happens the company will replace the product, at least that’s the case in Japan.
Check this out. http://www.scubaonline.com.au/welcome.asp

I have one and like it. It seems a little more trouble to adjust to a different tank size than a regular strap, but not much. It locks down very secure. It is especially good if you have a BC with only one band.

I don't own one but it appears to be one of the products that solves a problem that doesn't exist.

Scottri:
I don't own one but it appears to be one of the products that solves a problem that doesn't exist.

Well, slipping tanks do exist. I see them on every trip. Now true, if you are good at getting them tight, and have the strength to do it, it may not be a problem for you, but I have run into many a slipped cam latch on folks gear - to the point where I was putting tanks back into their BC underwater during a dive. Multiple times in multiple locations - from lakes, to cozumel, to cayman, to palau... etc.

So if you have never had a tank slip - you may not need one. If yours does - then it might be a great benefit.

Does your LDC carry it? If so-- ask can you kick the tires on one. I’m sure they have at least one BC equip with one. If not, go online buy it, try it I think you’ll like it. The best thing is you are already taking the time researching the product. So, you can’t go wrong really.
Good luck
Bat

I own several tanks and all are different diameters. I have an older Genesis spun steel tank, an standard sluminmum 80 and several really old steel 72's. The Apollo tank lock makes it really easy and convenient for me to switch back and forth between the cylinders. It locks them all in very securely although it's pretty rare that I ever have had a cylinder slip out of my bands on me over the years. As with all of the Apollo products the engineering and manufacturing is pretty to notch!

Back
Top Bottom