Apollo Bio tank lock?? any good??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Atomic_Diver

Scubaboard Enthusiast
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey before I invest in the Bio tank lock, is it worth investing $50.00 in? Does it really work?

If you are an able-bodied person, it is simply a gadget. However, if you have arthritis or musculo-skeletal problems, it is a really beneficial gadget. It works as advertised. That is, it takes fairly minimal finger pressure to twist the knob, tightening the belt to the maximum needed. I don't have it; my wife does, as does a next door neighbor with severe arthritis in her hands and fingers.

If you are an able-bodied person, it is simply a gadget. However, if you have arthritis or musculo-skeletal problems, it is a really beneficial gadget. It works as advertised. That is, it takes fairly minimal finger pressure to twist the knob, tightening the belt to the maximum needed. I don't have it; my wife does, as does a next door neighbor with severe arthritis in her hands and fingers.

Did they work out the "changing tank size problem" with it yet?

Did they work out the "changing tank size problem" with it yet?
Don't know what you are referring to. It's very easy to adjust when switching to a different diameter tank. If there is a problem, it actually relates to that ease. My one complaint with my wife's biolock is that too much play develops in the webbing. I don't believe it is a problem of the mechanism, but rather of the softness of the webbing used for the tank strap. It either stretches or slips (or both) too easily and must be re-adjusted every 8-10 dives. However, I think the mechanism now ships with a strap made of stiffer webbing which would solve that problem. Check it out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom