Apollo Bio Fin Pro C Magic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jar546

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
So I buy a set of large (L) Bio-Fin Pro C's with the ss springs and love them. Then I start using rockboots with my DUI and realize I need a larger size fin. They work but the springs are really maxed out.

I decide to spend the money and get a pair of the same from Apollo but this time a pair of LL's (I ordered XL but I guess this is the way they are marked). When they arrive, I am happy to see that they are exactly the same size as the pair of Larges that I have which I was worried about them being too big for travel.

Anyway, I then get nervous as they are the EXACT same size as the Large. WTF I ask myself so I start to take measurements and notice that every single measurement I took between the L and LL. Now I am thinking they were marked wrong in the die during manufacturing and I have to send them back.

Then I try them on. Holy crap they fit better and are larger but only when I wear them. Take them off, measure them again and sure enough, exactly the same size as the L. So I just think this is magic. How does this work?

So LL and XL mean the same thing?

I measured the foot pocket too and could not see a difference. Thanks for the quick reply but you ruined my magic theory. :shocked2:

Jar546: The foot pocket is larger-wider. Did not mean to ruin you magic. If they fit and work well that is the magic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom