Apollo Bio-Filter Regulator Moisture System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rhone Man

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Any one ever use one of these?

The reviews all look good, but it would be nice to get more impartial feedback.

I also worry that they look too rigid and a good tug on the regulator mouthpiece might snap them out of the port by way of leverage?

the folks who have them like them from the posts I've read about them. but they are over the "sticker shock" for what they cost ...

I mean $150 bucks for a metal tube and a "wicK". way overpriced. Of course I'm sure there's a lot of liability insurance involved with it since it's inline with your airflow.

but the price (and not really needing it) is the real reason you don't see more of them.

Any one ever use one of these?

The reviews all look good, but it would be nice to get more impartial feedback.

I also worry that they look too rigid and a good tug on the regulator mouthpiece might snap them out of the port by way of leverage?

I tug on the regulator mouthpiece should not cause any problems.

Using it as a handle to pick up your tank will more than likely snap it off.

My family of three divers each have one. My wife definitely notices when she forgets to reinsert the foam core wick.

My family consists of my wife, 15 year old daughter and myself.

My wife and I both have Atomic B2 regulators and my daughter has a ScubaPro MK25SA/S600 regulator.

We dive is New England and Pennsylvania and on vacation in warm climates such as the Caribbean and Hawaii.

The water temperatures vary from 48oF to 82oF.

Have one; best thing since sliced bread. Almost as good as sex. Yes, it's a little pricey; but, if you find dry mouth annoying then it's worth the cost. Might get one at a discount on e-bay; I bought a second one that way. I wouldn't give it up.
Mark

I have one for my SP MK25/S600, but honestly I didn't notice too much of a difference. I figured it was just another potential failure point without providing much benefit so I took it off. Maybe I'll try it again someday, but for now no.

One of the negatives is that you can no longer dunk your regulator if it is not connected to a tank. Without the positive air pressure keeping the fill valve closed, dunking could theoretically let water into your hose.

One of the negatives is that you can no longer dunk your regulator if it is not connected to a tank. Without the positive air pressure keeping the fill valve closed, dunking could theoretically let water into your hose.

Is this true?

Is this true?
See the bottom of page 2 in the manual, located on their website apollosportsusa.com.

"CAUTION Internal pressure is required to seal the valve plate and protect bio-filter from outside
elements. Do not submerge bio-filter unless it is under pressure."

Basically, the port where you remoisten the wick it a hole sealed by a flap of rubber. The Intermediate Pressure in the hose keeps the flap sealed against the hole. Without internal pressure, anything can get inside (that's the point--you need a way to remoisten the wick).

My wife has one and is OK with it. I am not sure how else you would soak your regulators

Back
Top Bottom