APLOS AP70 Budget Dive Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
APLOS AP70 Underwater Dive Light Review

So I recently had a dive trip planned to Mexico - cenotes, Cozumel, cavern dives, and after endless hours of research, I ended up getting x2 APLOS AP70 underwater video lights.

Let’s just say even the dive master spun around in the cave wondering where all that light was coming from!

Having the options for different color temperatures, as well as a spot beam option made them perfect for low light settings.

I then got the chance to use them in a high light setting, on a reef in Cozumel between 50-100 feet. These lit up everything perfectly. The diffused options are perfect for video with very little hot spots.

For around $90 a light, I don’t think there’s much out there that can beat these at the moment (in my opinion).

They also have red light and UV light options (black light).

The build quality feels sturdy and solid, unlike other “cheap” lights I’ve used in the past. I used these with a go pro rig I have built, and if you’re looking for a budget option, honestly this is the way to go, especially if you want to get into underwater videography.

I have only used these about 7 times so far, so I can’t speak for their longevity. However judging from their construction, once you maintain the lights I don’t see any issues at all.

If you have any questions, feel free to hit me up!

Attachments

• GPTempDownload.jpeg
    GPTempDownload.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 11
  • GPTempDownload.jpeg
    GPTempDownload.jpeg
    151.5 KB · Views: 8
  • GPTempDownload.jpeg
    GPTempDownload.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 9
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back