Apeks XTX50 bubble deflector - Yay or Nay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@buddhasummer, I was expecting the punchline to include Morris Garages and Lucas Industries but a fine punchline it is nonetheless...actually better than my train of thought. Never could figure out why my '63 MGB starter wouldn't turn when it had rained but it was an easy car to push start solo. It was a fun car...for a spell. It's bedeviling someone else now unless, and more likely, it's a pile of rust in a junkyard somewhere.

Anyway, back to the business at hand. I use a wide exhaust tee on both regs (one XTX50 and one XTX200...identical regs for all intents & purposes from what I understand). I guess I could put the narrow exhaust tee on my backup for the sake of compactness but the wider exhaust tee hasn't gotten in the way of anything. And I'll add my voice to the chorus: Yay...the wide exhaust tee works great...nary a bubble in sight.

Usually you get both but not always.
The XTX50 (the 2nd stage only) I bought new last month...it came with only the wide exhaust tee. Of little relevance since its DOM is Nov 2008, but, FWIW, the XTX200 (paired with an FSR) I bought used from a buddy and got both the narrow and wide exhaust tees from him.

It appears that if you buy the XTX50 sidemount kit packaged by Apeks, you get two wide and two narrow exhaust tees. But I see that DGX, who it appears is packaging their own version of an XTX50 sidemount kit, only provides the wide exhaust tees. Happy shopping...new toys are always fun.

I suppose we have to remember that Apeks is English. The English have not made any fast moves since Dunkirk.
I pretty sure there were Irish(including the Irish Free State), Welsh and Scottish there as well. And there were French also!!
None of those fellows would like to be called English.

How about this: the English have not made any fast moves since taking part in the Dunkirk evacuation.

touch-canttouchthis.gif

it's not a "real" issue, just something to be mindful of when servicing and/or putting hose on/off. If you use two spanners, one to hold jam nut and the other to attach hose you should be fine. I always remove face plate regardless to ensure lever is straight.

On SP this is not something you need to think about.

I think SP is a better design in this aspect.

Back
Top Bottom