Apeks XTX200 vs. Atomic B2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vcyw

New
Reaction score
I'm ready to get my own reg, and as far as maximize what i can afford - its down to these 2 choices.

I'm from South East Asia, so all my dives are in tropical waters. May never dive in cold waters.
Clocks average 30 dives per year.

Recommendation?

I have no experience with Atomic regs, though I hear great things. I do however own the XTX200 (the FSR 1st stage with one XTX200 as primary 2nd stage and one XTX50 as secondary 2nd stage/octo). I have nothing but good to say about the set-up. The FSR 1st stage routes the hoses beautifully (really :wink:) for single tank diving. Every hose points where it needs to go. No swivels to mess things up.

When properly adjusted, the 2nd stages (XTX200 and XTX50 are identical except for a bit of chrome trim on the purge cover), breathe very well, and with unnoticeable WOB (Work Of Breathing). I like that they are adjustable for cracking pressure - that means they can be adjusted very finely by a reg technician, and you can dial the cracking pressure up on your back-up/octo to prevent free flows.

Well - I think you get the idea. I'm thrilled that I bought the XTX200 as my first set of regs.

easier for parts on apex many kits will fit from cressi to hog both are state of art

Being in SE Asia, I think Apeks will be a better choice just because you can get access to support easier. To maximize the value, how about DST first + XTX50.

I'm ready to get my own reg, and as far as maximize what i can afford - its down to these 2 choices.

Recommendation?

Could choice man, you really can't go "wrong" with those two! I use Apeks regs for my sidemount kit and I use the B2 for standard scuba. I got the B2 and I was blown away by the ease of breathing. That being said, when I used my Apeks for the first time they blew me away again! In other words, and this almost pains me to say, I prefer my Apeks regs. Simply put, they're the best regs on the market you won't be disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom