Apeks wing + plate and Dive Rite transplate harness compatibility

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Svart

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

Does anyone knows if the Apeks plate + WTX wing would be compatible with the transplate harness from Dive Rite?

I really like the Apeks wing but I would like to pair it with this specific harness and not a continuous webbing (personal choice). And I am not interested in the WTX harness, too much padding.

Thanks in advance!

I used a Transplate harness with a Halcyon plate. No issues. Plates are all pretty much standard, aside from a few outliers.

You’re welcome! There are several harness options. I got one that has a quick release on the left shoulder. Some people hate that. Worked well for me.

How difficult it is to add one or two quick release buckle on a webbing?

You’re welcome! There are several harness options. I got one that has a quick release on the left shoulder. Some people hate that. Worked well for me.
Marie,
are you happy with this setup?

I was also looking at it because I mainly undo my right shoulder to get in and out of my bcd. I rarely touch the other side. So I thought it could be a good option as well.

Marie,
are you happy with this setup?

I was also looking at it because I mainly undo my right shoulder to get in and out of my bcd. I rarely touch the other side. So I thought it could be a good option as well.
It worked well for me. I switched to SM two years ago so I don’t dive it anymore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom