Apeks Warantee- HELP!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
:banghead: I have 2 sets of Apeks CT20 regs
I have a few questions about Apeks regs:

(mostly generated I think by dealing with a disrepuatable evil nasty dive shop)

First:
I've heard that for Apeks regs you get free parts for life (if you don't break the warantee). True or false?

-Mike

mgersch@cox.net:
I have a few questions about Apeks regs:

(mostly generated I think by dealing with a disrepuatable evil nasty dive shop)

First:
I've heard that for Apeks regs you get free parts for life (if you don't break the warantee). True or false?

-Mike

Well, I only see one question but that's ok. Maybe you were attacked by a vampire while typing or something. No wait, you signed it though...hmm. :eyebrow:

The answer is True! Here is a link that explains the free parts deal in very good detail. It also explains what constitutes "breaking" the deal.

Kinda sorta. The way it works is they will send a new parts kit to replace a parts kit used in a reg when the form with the serial number is filled out.

Now most shops will have kits on hand, and use your info to replace their stock. But either way... yes, if it's under warrenty, -they- will get the service kit free [or a replacement free after service]. So if they are charging you for the service kit; they are screwing you.

Of course that's service kits... not parts outside the annual service kits.

Of course, its also only true if you bought your regs in the USA from an authorized dealer. Or, if you bought them overseas, you have to return them to that vendor for service to take advantage of the free service kits. From the description you gave, the CT series is the European version. So, inquire wherever you bought them...

Well after some more investigation it seems that I have been sc#####d several times in this process....

It seems that I puchased my reg from a "non-authorized dealer"
.....which voids the waranatee...

Then I took the regs to a non-authorized dealer to get them serviced
.....which voids the already voided warantee...

Do the two voids cancel each other out?

-Mike

I guess that you now have an opinion to share with all the guys that want to buy online from overseas and other non-authorized dealers.
Just think the amount that you spend in parts in 4 years would have bought a new reg. (the kind with a warranty)

rescuediver009:
I guess that you now have an opinion to share with all the guys that want to buy online from overseas and other non-authorized dealers.
Just think the amount that you spend in parts in 4 years would have bought a new reg. (the kind with a warranty)

huh?

My Apeks gear cost over $300 for first and second stages...One fourth of that is...300/4 = $75. Are you paying $75 or more every year, just for parts?

and...Assuming you can find Apeks anywhere near you...(I haven't seen them near me...)

and

Assuming someone else services your reg, every year.

(I have the service kit(s), and plan on doing it myself.)

Considering most of the repair kits are a few 10 cent o-rings.. If your paying $75 for parts your realy getting it.

sorry Iwas figuring for canadian funds. And even if you do find that place that does service Apeks, they are going to charge you some to the equivalent of $30 CDN for each kit. Regardless of what they contain,(we all know its not worth it) Doing the math it works out to more than $75 per year where I wnt to school. the point was that either way you are going to be paying something stupid for the kits.

Good luck doing it yourself........

Hmm...so I have the choice of paying less than $200 for a reg and a yearly service charge of $30 or...I can pay $699 up front...decisions decisions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom