Apeks TX-50 shuttle valve o-ring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ams511

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have a question on the Shuttle Valve O-ring for an Apeks-TX 50 and its rebranded cousins like the Zeagle Tech-50D and Beuchat VX-10.

I have looked at some of the online references for example Bluebarracuda specs this o-ring as 2mm x 1mm while another site specs it as a 003. Beuchat in their technical manual specs it as 1.78 x 1.02 which translates to 1/16 (ID) x 3/64 (CS). This seems to be a non-metric size but I have never seen it on a list.

If the Beuchat specification is correct then it appears that the cross-section of the 003 is too large while the Interior diameter of the 2mm x 1mm is too large. What do you others who work on these regs use for this o-ring.

The rest of the rings seem standard and match up correctly: 019, 015, 014, 011, 010

I did a bit more searching and found that the o-ring for the Apeks shuttle valve is a BS (British Standard) 606. I used this O-Ring handbook to find the dimensions of the O-ring. I also found that Precision Associates also carries it as product number 40-70. Thanks for your help Ian the McMaster Carr 2mm x 1mm may be a cheaper solution.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom