Apeks tungsten question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unlimited, I think...

Are you actually going to use it?

Vie:
Are you actually going to use it?

maybe. was selling my poseidon xtreme but decided to keep it. i just purhased an atx100 2 days ago and just sold it to someone who wanted it more than i did . so now i have to choose between the pearl or the tungsten.

Well, IMHO, if you are actually going to use it then get a regular FSR/ATX200 (with store credits leftover presumably). If you just want something nice for your collection (put in display case and never use so your kids can e-bay it a few decades from now) get the Black Pearl.

Vie:
Well, IMHO, if you are actually going to use it then get a regular FSR/ATX200 (with store credits leftover presumably). If you just want something nice for your collection (put in display case and never use so your kids can e-bay it a few decades from now) get the Black Pearl.

im actually going to use it. oh well black pearl it is the difference here is only $40 might as well go for it.

does the fancy artwork and limited status make it (pearl) breath/perform any better? waste of cash in my opinion.

mstudley:
does the fancy artwork and limited status make it (pearl) breath/perform any better? waste of cash in my opinion.
Maybe, maybe not. Sometimes when dealing with store credits and discounts you take what they have in stock. Ordinarily I'd agree with you, but having a credit at your LDS limits your options. I know of an LDS right now that is trying to sell their last Black Pearl for less than an ATX200 would cost (not counting the normal 10% discount you'd get with either).

StSomewhere:
Maybe, maybe not. Sometimes when dealing with store credits and discounts you take what they have in stock. Ordinarily I'd agree with you, but having a credit at your LDS limits your options. I know of an LDS right now that is trying to sell their last Black Pearl for less than an ATX200 would cost (not counting the normal 10% discount you'd get with either).

Right but that's not what I meant. I don't understand the whole "limited edition" gear thing. Paying an absurd amount of money for an extra "something" that does nothing to increase the performance of a regulator is a waste.

Why do you think the LDS is trying to get rid of the Pearl? Because nobody wants it and they're probably just trying to get their cost back. And if a LDS has a Pearl in stock I'm pretty sure they just might have some other high performance regs in stock on which a store credit could be used.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom