Apeks RK3 regular or HD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dody

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Is there a way to know if your RK3 are standard or HD? Is there some kind of marking on the fins?

yellow/white/pink are rk3, orange/grey are rk3 HD

black can be either, have to weigh or chuck in salt water to check buoyancy. if they sink pretty quick in salt water, then HD version.

I purchased black ones for me and orange for my wife. They do feel pretty rigid and I was told they are HD. But I can’t understand why HD is not marked on the fins.

I purchased black ones for me and orange for my wife. They do feel pretty rigid and I was told they are HD. But I can’t understand why HD is not marked on the fins.
I would suggest you swap fins with your wife.

Is there a way to know if your RK3 are standard or HD? Is there some kind of marking on the fins?

Rk3 HD has number 70 stamped inside the foot pocket, somewhere near the grommet hole. Regular RK3 doesn’t have that stamp.

Attachments

• 8595B5CD-3295-4226-AE30-86EDDA22C4D3.jpeg
    8595B5CD-3295-4226-AE30-86EDDA22C4D3.jpeg
    71.4 KB · Views: 273
I would suggest you swap fins with your wife.
She sizes 38. 45 for me.

Rk3 HD has number 70 stamped inside the foot pocket, somewhere near the grommet hole. Regular RK3 doesn’t have that stamp.
Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom