Apeks Reg Left/Right intake swap -where did this come from?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GiantSeaCucumber

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Good morning.

I needed to switch the side of the intake on my Apeks xtx50 regs. I thought I did everything right but then I saw this little piece plus I can breathe in the reg with it not attached to anything. Any idea where it's supposed to go?

Thanks!

Attachments

• apeks.jpg
    apeks.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 57
Mot generally familiar with APEKS 2nds, but maybe a pin for the front cover

Is there a hole on the side (on the case/cover level)?
EDIT: NO, Manual has nothing about a cover pin

What do you mean by the front cover? I think it came from the inside. I just took it apart to switch it but I don't see where this came from.

My best guess is therfe
Screenshot 2024-08-25 at 17.50.48.png

Front cover pins like on Scubapro seconds hold the alignment of the cover to the case (disassembled)
image.jpg

#19 ; check your DMs btw
Screenshot 2024-08-25 at 17.56.16.png

Methinks you are right. I just put it there. But I still can suck air in through the reg. It shouldn't work at all when I don't have it hooked up to gas, correct?

Re: the breathing unattached; you mean as it is in the picture? or while also connected to a 1st stage?

It's a pneumatically balanced reg, so it should do that if there is no "blockage" on the barrel input (like an unpressurized 1st stage)

Try blocking it with your thumb and breathe; any difference?

Back
Top Bottom