Apeks KVR1 drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have no experience with this particular suit but do have a Fusion Tech and had a Bullet skin. I Hated the Bullet, this skin was way too heavy and took a lot of the flexibility away from the suit. The Tech skin is much lighter and flexible and still has pockets, I like the suit much better with the Tech skin. I am going to purchase a sport skin and give that a shot as this should give even more flexibility to the suit. I see no reason for the Kvr1 skin on this suit. Have you read any reports of people tearing up bullet skins? What about Tech skins? Let's go even further and ask the same question about the all Lycra Sport skin? Several members here dive the Sport in caves and have not had any issues with it. Frank White (or the people working for him) designed an excellent suit but the public was weary of the durability of lycra so they came out with the Tech Limited, problem solved. The company gets bought out by a company with huge budgets and a need to sell more product so they design a super heavy duty skin (the Bullet) and now the kvr1. Why, just so marketing and design departments can justify their positions in the corporation? My opinion would be to start out with the Sport or Tech skin and when you wear that out then replace it with either the Bullet or the Kvr1. Chances are Most people will probably never wear out these skins. Sorry for the rant but it bothers me when good companies get bought out by huge corporations and they destroy the original product because they can't see the forest through the trees.

Thanks for this nice feedback...ya i read that many don't like the bullet for all the reason you said!
I've got problem with my drysuit (bare), and the dive shop can replace it by a bullet or maybe this new kvr1... because of the price i paid for my bare!
I would like to have a Santi or DUI, but the dive shop only have bare or aqualung!
I'm cave diver too and it's nice to know that the tech one can do the job...restriction???
I'm just currious to know if the kvr1 is less flexible than the bullet....probably not beacause kevlar vs neoprene! And the Apeks look nicer than the other one!

Last edited:
KVR1 Kevlar Drysuit - Dive Right in Scuba

I have no personal experience with this myself, but if you call 815-267-8400 and ask for Mike or Chris, they will be able to answer your questions. Because they are familiar with (and sell) a wide variety of dry suits, they can be very objective about making these kinds of comparisons.

Great suit! I have dove it a few times. Extremely comfortable, lightweight yet heavy duty, and a dream in the water! Honestly, the best of the best when it comes to the Fusion suits!!!

Have you ever dove a Fusion before? Before pro and cons, which Fusion model would you want to know a comparison? Or which other brands? I can tell you anything about all of them :wink:

Great suit! I have dove it a few times. Extremely comfortable, lightweight yet heavy duty, and a dream in the water! Honestly, the best of the best when it comes to the Fusion suits!!!

Have you ever dove a Fusion before? Before pro and cons, which Fusion model would you want to know a comparison? Or which other brands? I can tell you anything about all of them :wink:

How does it compare to the Tech or Bullet in regards to weight and flexibility?

How does it compare to the Tech or Bullet in regards to weight and flexibility?

You don't really want to know...because you will upgrade your skin Andy :wink:

So, the listened to everyones complaints about the bullet vs. tech. Not as flexible. To me, it's a minor difference, but it's there. It's more of the flexibility of the tech, the weight of almost the sport, and the durability of the Bullet.

You don't really want to know...because you will upgrade your skin Andy :wink:

So, the listened to everyones complaints about the bullet vs. tech. Not as flexible. To me, it's a minor difference, but it's there. It's more of the flexibility of the tech, the weight of almost the sport, and the durability of the Bullet.

Thanks, now I want one.:depressed: Just can't justify the price they are asking.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom