Apeks Flight Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will abandon this reg soon. Hard breather at depth. I bought it because of weight and size, but the hard breathing is a show-stopper. Have used it on approx 30 recreational dives and my dive times are shorter and I am more tired after using it.

This isn't just me, I work at a dive shop and another PADI instructor bought one at the same time. He couldn't wait to return his. We dive in Jupiter,where every dive can be 80 +. We both felt we were breathing too hard to get air. Apeks states Flight has been tweaked since then, but don't know. We are on commercial dive boats almost everyday, but am not seeing any of the Flights yet.

Wife and my both have flights and love them. Have not used below 50f but close to it. We just finished 2nd year and about 25 dives with them. Also have Aqualung LX much more weight and I do not feel any breathing differences. There are 2 adjustments on the flight the + - and the cw ccw screw have you tried different settings?

Really? I was in Cozumel for 2 weeks over the holidays and did 24 dives with my Flight reg, from the Cenotes to two deeps dives, 100ft++, and had no problems with breathing hard... I also have the XTX200 and frankly, I couldn't tell the difference!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom