Apeks experts :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jale

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi
I have these two reg.
One is a DS4 and the other (green saddle) looks like a DS4 but it has 2 HP and only 3LP and the positions of the ports are not the same as the DS4. No CE marking as it may be from before compulsory CE marking (date?!)
Any ideas?
Thanks
20220420_204616.jpg

20220420_204647.jpg

20220420_204658.jpg

Not totally sure but I wonder if the green one is designed specifically to be a deco bottle reg. The less ports and color.

I'm curious as to what the actual experts say.

Possibly a Zapeks or even a Chapeks.
I have never seen a DS4 with two HP ports. But the zeagle/apeks DSIV, had two hp.

The green saddle is used by Apeks on their O2 regs.

Know not much of Apeks but have been diving it for nearly 24yrs.
Never heard DS 4 with 2HP ports.
The hand wheel on both units are quite recent.

Hi
I have these two reg.
One is a DS4 and the other (green saddle) looks like a DS4 but it has 2 HP and only 3LP and the positions of the ports are not the same as the DS4. No CE marking as it may be from before compulsory CE marking (date?!)
Any ideas?
Thanks
View attachment 718516
View attachment 718517
View attachment 718518
Ask Apeks directly.
Love to hear the reply.
Good luck.

Are you sure it really is two HP ports? Apeks used to have one LP port which was larger(1/2") than the rest.

Apeks is UK brand.
3LP ports is hardly adequate for dry suit diving: 2 for 2nd stage,1 for bc power inflator and 1 for dry suit inflator.
My guess is Apeks lookalike.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom