Apeks DST (XTX50) 1st Stage 5th Port Conversion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I brought the part# to multiple LDS that I had asked yesterday about. They each told me that yesterday the dealers said they had no clue what I was talking about, and with or without a part number, they're not going to waste their time asking again. What a F'n industry we live in.

I just spoke with AquaLung America directly, it is not an Apeks part they distribute in the US and cannot get it to me, and if I obtain one and install it, my warranty (free parts) will be voided.

I think I'm going to sell my two Apeks regs and replace them with identicle looking HOG's (that have the 5th port). Many of my dive buds use them and are very happy.

Thanks for providing the part number, tho.

Get the HOGs they are amazing. I have three sets so far.

Get the HOGs they are amazing. I have three sets so far.

I did! I love them things! I haven't touched my Apeks since. I'll be DM'ing with a shop (once I complete DM training) and Apeks is their uniform, hopefully the 5th port will be available by then.

Update: I received a phone call from an LDS who said that AquaLung expects to begin carrying the part within 90 days or so (but is not firmly committed to a date). If that's the case, I'll hold off and convert.

Any update on this? I am still getting blank stares from US-based LDSs who are Aqua Lung dealers when I mention the 5th DST port or AP0274 to them.

Thanks.

My LDS, an Aqualung dealer, still swears there is no such thing as a DS4!! This is after I explained at length how popular it was with the rest of the normal world.

Does anyone know if and when the part AP0274 will become available in the US?

Try posting in the Aqua Lung forum

My LDS, an Aqualung dealer, still swears there is no such thing as a DS4!! This is after I explained at length how popular it was with the rest of the normal world.

You could direct him to the US Aqualung website: ATX40 that's a DS4

Wow, that's quite a line. Whoever told you that is the Michael Jordan of B.S.

No training to service an additional LP port...good one. :shakehead:

A few years ago, I had an Aqualung/Apeks dealer tell me the same thing when I added 1st-stage LP swivel adapters to my Apeks XTX 200's......unauthorized/unsupported mods and my dealer was giving me major pushback when I brought the regs in for annuals when seeing my modified regs!

A few years ago, I had an Aqualung/Apeks dealer tell me the same thing when I added 1st-stage LP swivel adapters to my Apeks XTX 200's......unauthorized/unsupported mods and my dealer was giving me major pushback when I brought the regs in for annuals when seeing my modified regs!

They aren't bs'ing you even if it was Michael Jordan himself. There are torque specs that you need to know in order to do it properly. So they we not bs'ing anyone in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom