Question Apeks DS4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nudibranch Diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi - 2 questions if I may.

I'm trying to find a technical manual for the APEKS DS4, seems a little like find hens teeth at the moment. I really would like to see an 'exploded' diagram of the parts with index of part names and codes.

Regarding the intermediate pressure - I know it should be around 9/10 bar but mine is stable at 12 bar - is there a way of correcting this and if not, what is the issue with the increased pressure? I'm being told that its fine but would like to know how / why.

Sorry, I think that's 3 questions!

Re: manual, check your DM. Too large to send by DM alone.
Here's the Schematic.

Yes, spec is 9-10 bar, and no, 12 bar is not fine.
Your second stage is balanced, but only to to a point. At 12 bar, you are more likely to freeflow, depending upon how well your second stage is tuned to that IP.

Correcting it is a matter of 5 minutes on a bench.
See the manual.

Attachments

• DS4.jpg
    DS4.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 95
Reactions: OTF
Not sure if the good Dr got it to you or not, if not DM me your email address and I'll send you service manual.

Not sure if the good Dr got it to you or not, if not DM me your email address and I'll send you service manual.
Could you DM me the manual too? I got the parts list and the drawing, but miss the Service manual

Could you DM me the manual too? I got the parts list and the drawing, but miss the Service manual
buddhasummer - Would you be so kind as to DM the manual to me as well. Thank you.

Regarding the intermediate pressure - I know it should be around 9/10 bar but mine is stable at 12 bar - is there a way of correcting this and if not, what is the issue with the increased pressure? I'm being told that its fine but would like to know how / why.
Far too high and NOT fine at all.

Back
Top Bottom