Apeks DS4 wont fit onto lp85 valve?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

98TJ10

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've been using a yoke regulator (with the insert) on my newly purchased LP85 with a Blue Steel valve however I went to put an Apeks DS4 Din regulator on the tank and it doesn't seem to screw in correctly...any thoughts? the insert is removed and the reg definitely isn't cross-threaded. It goes about 1 turn in then stops. It does seem that the insert threads and the DS4 threads may be a different size. any help would be appreciated.

That happened all the time with my two Apeks DST first stages. I had to position them just so to get them to screw in without any issues. Others here have reported the same thing. It’s the main reason I sold my Apeks regs a couple of months ago. I was so tired of it. Never had the issue with my Dive Rite regs.

*it is a new regulator as well if that would make a difference? Is there any concern of damaging the threads attempting to install?

*it is a new regulator as well if that would make a difference? Is there any concern of damaging the threads attempting to install?
Keep trying. Maybe lean the tanks against your body or legs. I found that worked better a lot of the time. Sometimes it took 4-5 tries to get the din fitting seated properly where it would screw all the way in.

why not trying with another valve, so you will know if it is the DS4´s thread or valve ,who is not right ?

Just following up on this - it turns out the valve was damaged in transit and "bent" just enough to not allow the reg to thread on... be careful ordering tanks online. Thankfully by Apeks regs are great! (verified by trying other tanks at my LDS).

Back
Top Bottom