Apeks DS4 with a double bladder BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kaheksa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a problem routing hoses with my new BCD

At the moment I have it like this - Evolve wing using DS4 stages - hose routing pics - DIR Explorers

But the new BCD is double bladder so I need one more LP hose.
One option is to turn the 1st stages at an angel and then route the extra hose from the top, but I think there is a risk of entanglement and it will get in the way if you want to close the manifold.

Any ideas?

You can still keep both DS-4 in a horizontal position.
Right post: long hose and the inflator hose for the redundancy wing.
Left post: primary wing, spg and octo.

Put both DS-4 on the twin set and position them in such a way that the "environmental seals" are facing each other ie horizontally. This will give you a clear picture how to route all those hoses(FIVE).

But I need SIX because the water is 0'C (summer +4C) and have a drysuit..

I dive DS4s with a double bladder wing and drysuit. The difference is I don't have the 2nd bladder connected as I would use my drysuit inflate if my wing failed. I only plan to use the 2nd bladder when diving with a wetsuit. I can't really see how you can use the DS4 in the way you want without compromising access to your valves. Maybe see if someone will swap one of the DS4s for a DST and get the 5th port conversion bit done?

I had ideas of using a swivel or 3rd small tank for the drysuit

I had ideas of using a swivel or 3rd small tank for the drysuit

You could, but there is really no need for dual bladders and a drysuit. Also, you should route your HP hose in front of the wing so it doesn't restrict it from wrapping around the tank, that will give better stability and allow you to have more gas on that side when carrying stages/deco bottles.

Its lifted me with full 104s before...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom