Apeks DrySuit AutoDump

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

t1mm

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,

My DrySuit autodump doesn't seem to stop turning when I rotate it (to set it to open/closed), and I am having difficulty dumping any air from it. My undersuit is not blocking it, so I assume its just broken. Does anyone have any ideas how to remove the front of the part, to check for a stuck diaphragm, or see if some internal part is seated incorrectly?

Thanks for reading,

Sean

Its a relatively inexpensive part, just replace it. Its one of those things that needs to work, and tinkering with it isn't the best idea.

"Relative" being the important word. Student budgets don't allow for much unfortunately! Regulators are one of those things that need to work, I get them "tinkered with" every year rather than buying new ones! :)

A member of the Irish scuba diving community has pointed me towards a video that should help. I'll let you know if it works.

Opening the valve shouldn't be a problem, just hold the inner and outer part of the valve and turn them counter-clockwise (if they're not stuck, it should go easily).

I figured they made them moron proof so you couldn't mess with the seal or screw them out of the suit.

The screwing range is around 20+ clicks. Once you strike resistance you stop screwing or clunking will begin.

It acts as an opv when fully closed.

When the nut is correctly tightened without glue the body will not spin.

Holding the inner part kinda defeats the purpose.

Lift your shoulder or arm.

I'm off now to buy a mask. This one is full of water.

Back
Top Bottom