Apeks DIN or Yoke

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

poisson

New
Reaction score
Am getting the ATX50 and DST. Was wondering if I should go with DIN or Yoke. Maybe doing Nitrox later, will this affect my choice?

If I go DIN, should I get the Yoke Converter Kit or just the DIN to Yoke adaptor to add flexibility?

Appreciate any comments, thanks.

I have a posidine Jetstream with the DIN to Yoke convert and it isn't bad.

first off, consider DS4. Swivel is just another possible failiure point.

Are you planning to go Din tanks? I bought DIN regs and was diving yoke rentals using the adaptor for awhile. Tanks are arriving this week and teh adaptor will be parked permanently.

Think about travelling abroad, DIN or YOKE??? Doesn't really matter as long as you keep the Yoke converter handy.

ok, but are you going to go din in the future? I've been diving my regs for awhile with the adaptor, but knew I'd be going din eventually, so I figured why not do it right from day 1. I really don't like buying gear twice if I don't have to.

poisson:
Was wondering if I should go with DIN or Yoke.

Easy... It's a no brainer DIN with the adapter. I've done it for years and I travel a lot. With DIN you can do both, with yoke your stuck.

poisson:
Am getting the ATX50 and DST. Was wondering if I should go with DIN or Yoke. Maybe doing Nitrox later, will this affect my choice?

If I go DIN, should I get the Yoke Converter Kit or just the DIN to Yoke adaptor to add flexibility?

Appreciate any comments, thanks.
GET THE DIN VERSION AND BUY AN ADDITIONAL ADAPTER TO BE VERSATILE,PEACE

If you're mainly going to be diving yoke tanks, just go for the yoke version. The DIN-to-yoke adapter adds length to the reg, adds another potential failure point, and adds cost to your purchase. If you're considering DIN as an option in the distant future (i.e. entering tec diving eventually), you can always get your reg converted over to DIN by your service dealer and buy the yoke adapter then. On the other hand, if you're planning to buy DIN tanks right away or you're going to do some dive trips to Europe, DIN with yoke adapter is not a bad idea.

does not really matter. it is a piece of cake to convert the yoke to DIN and the DIN to yoke. few people will not need a yoke at some point (vacation etc.). personally i would get the yoke version and buy the DIN kit because it is easier to find the DIN kit ($30 something at scubastore) than a yoke conversion kit. the yoke adapter (as opposed to the yoke conversion kit) is a pain because it sticks out too much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom