Apeks B/P & BC & DIR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The wing is too big if you are diving a single tank. If you are diving doubles it may still be too large unless you have some really big doubles or carrying multiple stages.
If you are diving a single, you may want to get a smaller wing. Something in the 30-36# range.
The right hip d-ring is unnesecessary as you will not be clipping anything off on that side and will interfere with can light placement.

Talk with your Fundies instructor before the class for the gear requirements.

I agree with Robert. The wing is way too big for single tank and probably wouldn't fly in the fundies class if diving a single tank. Plus the right hip d-ring would need to be removed. Don't forget to add the rubber bands on the shoulder straps below the d-rings to hold down your backup light.

Before doing anything with it, talk to your fundies instructor first.

DJ

Agreed, that the wing would definetely be too big for singles. As mentioned it may be big depending on the tanks. But if you are using anything with an 8" diameter, I don't see the problem as everyone uses the popular halcyon 55lb. wing...

Also, in regards to the bungee on the harness, I think that the apeks harness comes with them already attached. Oh yes, and for DIR loose the the right hip d-ring.

Thanks for the replies. The setup is for double LP 95s. I'm presuming the setup would also work for HP 120/130s. Haven't dove the new gear yet, so I could still return the wings if they hadn't been DIR - in any case, the D-ring is gone. I liked the dual bladder wings since the first impression I had was that the wing would be safer, but those wings are not DIR.

Thanks,
Vince

I had a chance to use that wing on a set of E8-130's. Personaly I did NOT like it. It felt it produced more drag than the H 55# Explorer I also had a a chance to try w/ the same tanks.

But my regular tanks are LP95 (faber) and I use a 45lbs wing for them ( even w/ a deco bottle in fresh water)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom